Here's what I found. Compared to the other similarly sized churches in the area, we are doing pretty well, at least hanging with them in terms of volume and are actually ahead in terms of different social media used. Compared to the mega-churches, we have a ways to go.
New Song Church
http://newsongchurch.com
Social Media
- 2398 likes
- 5644 visits
- Last post 14 hours ago
- 277 tweets
- 145 following
- 134 followers
- 2 favorites
- 4 lists
- Last tweet Feb 11
- Vimeo
- 345 videos
- 6 following
- 1 group
- 1 channel
- 29 albums
- Last video – 2 days ago
- 32 posts
- 113 followers
- 101 following
- Last post – April 2014
North Coast Church
http://www.northcoastchurch.com
Social Media
- 5,626 likes
- 19,342 visits
- Last Post 18 hours ago
- 781 Tweets
- 536 Following
- 1,437 Followers
- 103 Favorites
- Last Post 19 Hours Ago
Calvary Chapel Oceanside
http://www.calvaryoceanside.org
Social Media
- Page not available
- Vimeo
- 76 Videos
- 0 likes
- 0 Following
- 0 Groups
- 0 Channels
- 4 Albums
- Last Post 1 month ago.
http://saddlebackchurch.com
Social Media
- 115,260 Likes
- 81,318 Visits
- Last Post – 16 minutes ago
- 16.9K tweets
- 21.8K Following
- 30.5K Followers
- 16.6K Favorites
- 5 Lists
- Last Post 9 hours ago
- Google +
- 608 followers
- 141,773 Views
- Last Post Yesterday
- You Tube
- 14,533 subscribers
- Last Post – 3 days ago
- 17 Boards
- 1,451 pins
- 204 Likes
- 2,767 Followers
- 931 Following
- 915 posts
- 12K followers
- 7,003 Following
- Last Post – February 2015
Willow Creek Church
http://willowcreek.org
Social Media
- 43,181 likes
- 80,343 Visits
- Last Post 29 minutes ago
- 4,429 Tweets
- 58 Following
- 19.3K Followers
- 3,664 Favorites
- 3 Lists
- Last Tweet 1 hour ago
- Google +
- 3,551,488 Views
- Last Post - 4 weeks ago
- 207 Posts
- 2,995 Followers
- 16 Following
- Last Post – February 2015
- FourSquare
- Total Visitors 2850
- Total Visits 14,308
- Last post December 2014
- iTunes
- 61 Ratings
- 173 Podcasts
- Last Post 2/8/2015
Hi Lori :) I found your blog interesting this week. I had ever really thought about how a church could use social media. Video's Music, Podcast's, Inspirational Photo's! That is really neat. It's a great way to keep all your members appraised of what is going on each week. I wonder why Calvary Chapel did not have a Facebook when the others seem to have so many "Friends". I am glad you are finding that New Song Church is at least "in there" with the others. I have a feeling things are going to be even better for all when you have finished this class ! Here we go with Week 3 ! PJ
ReplyDeleteHi Lori,
ReplyDeleteI thought your post about different Churches' social media was interesting as well. I think that social media would be a good way to keep younger generations more involved in the church and attend more events. I am curious to see the demographics of each of these churches and see how it affects their online and social media presence. I hope this class helps you reach more of an online audience!! Sounds like you're doing a lot of the research! One thing I found that has helped me in my business, is taking the time to go to the followers' pages of my "competitors" or businesses with similarities and to begin commenting, liking, and even following some of the competitor's followers. This has helped spread the word of my business faster than if I didn't engage with anyone at all, or just a few people on social media. You can experiment it for yourself :)
Thanks, Angela for the tip. I'll try that.
ReplyDelete