Thursday, February 5, 2015
Week 1 - Why I chose this template
Well, this is my first attempt at a blog. I was looking for some template that represented me and what I'm trying to do with this blog. Since my main purpose for exploring social media is to promote New Song Online Church, this seemed to be a fitting background. Every time I'm in the mountains it always highlights the vast, incredibly beautiful creation that we live in. The mountain is a place where God met Moses and where Jesus went to pray and get revived. Well, I need some of that today... and every day, so why not look at this every time I come here. Hope it puts you in the same place that it's putting me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Lori, My name is Pam Jansen. I am in your group for our Social Media Class. I just wanted to say that I think that you chose a beautiful blog template, and I think that your reason seems very fitting. I hope you are enjoying learning about Social Media as much as I am, and I hope that it helps you to reach your audience in a way that is inspiring.
ReplyDeleteHi Lori, I was drawn to your mountain dawn landscape immediately. I think it is a great backdrop for a spiritual quest. Good choice.
ReplyDeleteMelissa
Hi Lori! My name is Tiffany and I'm in your Social Media class as well! What you wrote about New Song Online seems pretty interesting. Where is it located and how did it get started? What religion are you/do you practice? I'm familiar with some of the things you've posted as well, so I'm looking forward to hearing back from you and about your perspective. I like the template you used as well. It's appealing to the eyes. Look forward to taking this class with you!
ReplyDeleteHi Tiffany, thanks for your message. New Song Community Church is an awesome Christian church that I belong to. We are affiliated with the Willow Creek Association and the baptists, but it's really a church for anyone who believes in Jesus. The main campus building is just west of Rancho Del Oro and Mission Ave in Oceanside, pretty much across the street from the San Luis Rey Mission. We also have 3 other services in the Regal theater in downtown Oceanside, Alamosa Park Elementary school, and the Bonsall Community Center. You can get more information at newsongchurch.com. There's a Watch Live link from the main page that will get you to our Online church which is a broadcast stream of the live service at 9:30AM on Sunday. I've been involved in the Online ministry since we started it up about a year and a half ago. I'm one of the leaders of this, which is why I wanted to explore how we could use social media to let people know that we are there. I'm happy to give you any more information if you want it, just let me know.
DeleteHello again, Lori! I'm a Christian too. I go to Harvest Christian Fellowship. I've heard of New Song and Willow Creek before. How awesome that you're exploring new ways to let others know who you all are! Best of wishes to you in succeeding!
Delete