- Likes - Because of the instructions to like each other's pages, I saw a spike in likes this week. This will be a good statistic to watch to see if we are reaching new people each week. It will also tell you whether the like came because of a paid ad, or if it is organic. This would be good to monitor if we pay for ads, to see if they are actually generating any new followers.
- Reach - This statistic will tell you how many people your post reached and whether it generated and likes or comments. This would be good to track the time of day you are posting to see whether it is reaching the intended audience. If the reach is poor, then maybe we would try a different time or day.
- Visits - This statistic will show you how many people are visiting your page and when. This also would help with knowing whether you are reaching people, and then what times might be good for posts.
- Posts - This page will show what posts you have made. This is interesting because it also shows when the people who like you are online.
- People - This statistic will show you gender demographics on who likes your page and also what country / language they are from.
The analytics here are good, but they are not as sophisticated as what Google Analytics provide.
I agree, Google Analytics are far more robust than Facebook Insights in regard to the features and detail that they offer. However, I do like the Insights updates that are sent to my email for my page, and having the information in one place with my page is really nice. Similar to you, I noticed a spike in "likes" as a result of the assignment, but I was still able to extract a good amount of information from some of my past posts. I think that you will find some great information here moving forward and as you further explore the new Insights feature. Congrats on hitting 30 likes!
ReplyDelete