Here are the 4 additional Social Media types that we might be able to use for our Custom Covers business.
Google + - When I read about Google +, the communities and groups, I was excited. I thought this could be a place where we link up with some Custom BBQ contractors and make relationships with them. After searching through the topics, communities and anything else I could find, my general impression is that not many people really use it. I did find a BBQ recipe community that I did join, mostly to get great recipes that I could post on our site, but I don't really think we will find many people in San Diego there that need custom covers, so I'm not sure how effective that will be.
LinkedIn - I think using LinkedIn will be a good use of time. We could search out corporate facility managers in our area that might have something that needs to be covered, and search out restaurant managers in our area that might need covers for their tables.
YouTube - We may be able to use YouTube to post videos on how to cook dishes on the BBQ, how to clean your BBQ, how to measure for a cover, but there are already videos out there for these things. Also we don't really have great production capabilities, so I'm not sure how the videos would turn out.
LivingSocial - We could come up with some coupon deals for a certain amount off of a new cover.
Since we don't have a storefront, GoogleMaps and Yelp really aren't options for us. I don't think we'd use Groupon because we really can't handle a large number of custom covers at one time, and the profit margin on the covers is already as low as we can get it, so giving Groupon a large cut of that wouldn't work for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment