What comes to mind first is organization by date or file type, organizing photos separately from text or video, but I think what would be more useful would be to come up with different type of blog posts. Some examples might be:
- Personal Thoughts - This could be an area where we would detail what current trends we like in outdoor living spaces. It could include our thoughts about spring and how BBQ outings bring people together.
- Educational / Expertise - This could include videos and instructional tutorials on everything from how to build a custom BBQ to how to measure one for a cover.
- Creative Ideas - This category could include BBQ recipes, photos of BBQ items, how to incorporate BBQ into your personal family meals and entertaining in ways you may not have thought of
- Events - This category could review or announce events that would be of interest to people who BBQ
Within each category, you could organize by date. The use of categories, might prompt you to have thoughts about what new topics you could write about.
The other blogs I commented on are:
The other blogs I commented on are:
- Connor Blackwood
- Audra Najera
- Patricia Tirona
- Taylor Tirona
Hi Lori,
ReplyDeleteI think that's definitely a smart way to organize your blog. Breaking it up in different categories not makes your own life easier, but it shows that you are organized and that you know how to run your business efficiently. The way you broke it up is very similar how I would do it too!
Thank you Lori for a great post! At first you might choose your categories without giving them much thought, but as time goes on, you will start to realize the importance of carefully choosing the best categories for your blog. I completely agree with your examples of categories.
ReplyDeleteThis is a good outline! Nice and organized. I am also very happy that you mentioned once you get started that new categories/topics will come up, because that is definitely always the case. Great post!
ReplyDelete