I can think of a number of different target markets.
- Current members of New Song who can't make it to church. For this target market, we have a definite list of people. Anyone who has attended before or filled out a connection card would be part of this group. While some people know about the online services, I'm sure there are some who don't. We could also work on notifying members at our satellite campuses that we are available. For these people we could also use our current social media; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Vimeo to advertise our online services. We could also request that people attending the online service use their social media to notify their friends.
- Shut Ins - These would be people who don't currently attend New Song, but can't physically get out to get to a church. To reach this target market, we could use Facebook and twitter to target the older populations with key words like housebound, lonely, or who are looking for in-home care.
- People with spiritual interests - To target this group, we could do Facebook or Twitter searches for people looking for churches or seeking spiritual things. We could possibly create verse cards on Pinterest or videos of our worship team on Vimeo or You Tube with links to our Online Services.
I'm sure there are more, but these would be good places to start. We can always add target groups later, but I think it's better to focus on a smaller set until we get strategies in place for these.
I absolutely love this but I could be showing some favoritism. I've been attending New Song since 2008 :-) can't believe a classmate is a fellow New Songer
ReplyDeleteHi Danielle,
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Have you ever watched online? I'd be interested if you have any ideas on how we could promote that better, or make it a better experience. Hope I can meet you sometime!
The last time I used the online was about a year or year and half ago. I may have to miss church this coming Sunday so I'll try it out and give you some feedback.
ReplyDeleteHey Danielle, if you watch on Sunday, I'll be playing keys. Then you'll know who I am.
DeleteHey Danielle, if you watch on Sunday, I'll be playing keys. Then you'll know who I am.
Delete